Modifications Address The Changes That Occur After Divorce

New York lawyer Joan Iacono has more than 30 years of family law experience. In addition to her private practice, she served as principal court attorney to the chief judge of the Bronx County Family Court. Her in-depth knowledge in this area of practice gives her particular insight into how to effectively modify or enforce existing court orders.

Modifying Child Support Or Custody Arrangements

In New York, child support payments can be increased or decreased if there is a significant and continuing change in one parent's financial circumstances. For example, if you are forced to take a lower-paying job than you had at the time of your divorce, you can request to have your child support payments reduced through a post-divorce modification.

Custody arrangements and visitation schedules can also be modified, when circumstances warrant it. Joan Iacono assists clients with parental relocations, modifying custody due to one parent's abuse or neglect and more.

Enforcing Child Support And Visitation Orders

The New York family courts can find spouses in contempt of court if they do not provide visitation opportunities or child support payments as required. In addition, if the parent with custody continues to refuse to provide you access to your children, you may be able to get custody of your children.

It's important to remember that you can't hold back child support payments if you are denied visitation; the two are considered separate matters. However, Joan Iacono can advocate for you in any child support or child custody enforcement matter.

To learn more about how Iacono Law can diligently, confidently and creatively represent your financial interests or pursue your parental goals, arrange a consultation today. Call 914-961-0565 or send an email to the office. We represent clients in Westchester, Putnam and surrounding counties from the office in Bronxville.